Lost and Found Pets
If your pet has gone missing there are a few simple but important things to do.
- Talk with your neighbours and ask them to check garages and sheds.
- If your pet is micro-chipped make sure that you have your mobile phone switched on and there is someone at home to answer any calls.
- Check with all the local vet surgeries. Any injured stray animals are usually taken to a vet surgery. Facebook pages are often used by surgeries to showcase found animals. The local ones to consider are…
- Portland Vets EG – 01342 327799
- Portland Vets Edenbridge – 01732 868680
- East Grinstead Veterinary Hospital – 01342 323072
- Medivet Forest Row – 01342 824452
- Blackberry Dormansland – 01342 870972
- Call Dog Control on 01444 477041
- If your dog is lost on the forest call the forest warden 01342 822846
- When your pet returns home please ensure their microchip is reading – ie getit checked! It is now a legal requirement in the UK to have your dog microchipped. Although not compulsory in cats, a simple chip costing £20.00 can save a lot of heartache and distress.
- If your pet has been missing for a few days it is also worth contacting the local rescue charities as they may have been taken there – click here for local animal charities
If you have any information about missing animals please contact the surgery
If you have found a stray pet please contact the surgery so that it can be scanned for a microchip and hopefully be reunited with its owner!